Many people suffer from bloating in the stomach. This can be very uncomfortable, especially at night when you are trying to sleep. Bloating makes you look like you have more belly fat, gives you the appearance of being overweight and causes you to not fit into your clothes. This usually happens to people after they have eaten a meal, and can often find that the stomach flattens again in the morning. Dr Rohini Somnath Patil, Nutritionist, suggests some of the best foods that reduce bloating fast.
1. Ginger– This is a common spice which contains natural compounds that fight bloating in the stomach and intestines. It is used as a natural treatment for stomach bloating, nausea, heartburn and digestive problems. You can purchase ginger capsules or make fresh ginger tea by thinly slicing ginger root and steeping in boiling water.
2. Coconut oil– Stop cooking your food in unhealthy vegetable oils and switch to extra virgin coconut oil. This contains MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides) which help the body to absorb nutrients. These boost the health of the pancreas organ which then releases enzymes to break down foods in the stomach, preventing bloating in the first place.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar– This powerful natural vinegar is one of the best remedies in the world for bloating. It strengthens the stomach acid so that it may break down foods quickly. This allows the body to eliminate waste, preventing the bloating of the stomach.
4. Cucumber– This green fruit has a high-water content and is high in nutrients and minerals. Eating cucumber often can help to flush the digestive system of waste and reduce bloating from intestinal gas.
5. Sauerkraut– This fermented cabbage is a staple in German cuisine and is one of the best foods in the world for your gut. Sauerkraut helps friendly bacteria to grow in the gut and intestine. These are known as probiotics and help your body to break down fiber quickly and reduce bloating naturally.
6. Ox Bile– You can purchase supplements of Ox Bile online and in health food stores. This helps to take the strain off your gallbladder in breaking down fatty foods that you eat. If you have a sluggish gallbladder, or have had it removed, then you will need this on a daily basis to prevent bloating and ease digestion.
7. Lemons– Both lemons and limes contain citric acid which helps the stomach to break down foods and prevent a build up for gas. Add 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of water and drink alongside a meal. This soothes the digestive system and helps to get rid of bloat for good.
8. Olive Oil– Extra Virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest fats that you can eat. This contains oleic acid which helps to break down fat in the body from other foods that you consume. Boosting digestion with healthy foods is the key to stop bloating in the future.
9. Papaya– The delicious papaya fruit contains a powerful enzyme called papain. Papain helps the stomach in breaking down protein which can reduce bloating and gas.
10. Avocado– Rich in healthy and filling monounsaturated fat and potassium. This food is known worldwide for its healing benefits for the entire body. Eat healthy salads, reduce bloating and add avocado to keep you full between meals.