- Ration Card holder should approach circle office or GRC centres to add or delete name in ration card. .
- URL for contact : http://dceast.delhigovt.nic.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_food/Food/Home/About+Us/Circle+Offices
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used OR use the following link for application form.
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the submitted application along with attached documents will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be forwarded to the concerned Ward/ Grama Panchayath official for verification. The concerned official visits the house of the applicant for verification and approves the request, if the applicant is found eligible.
- The applicant is informed through SMS at various stages i.e., Advance intimation about date of visit of the official to his place of residence for verification of his application, Approval/Rejection of his application.
- After ground level verification ration card will be issued in 30 Daysor as notified by the department
- Application form
- Original ration card
- additional members or persons name to be added/removed
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar Card
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Proof of Date of Birth(Birth Certificate/X Pass Certificate/declared/other)
- Surrender Certificate in original (for inclusion, if any)
- Death Certificate in case of death of a member in order to delete
- Document required for Adding member on account of marriage
- Marriage Certificate
- Original Ration Card with husband’s name
- Name Deletion Certificate from the parents of Bride
- Document required for Adding New Born Child in Ration Card (above 5 years)
- Birth Certificate issued by the local municipal body or competitive authority
- Original ration card of the family with parent’s name
- ID Proof of Parents such as PAN Card, Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs,
I.P. Estate, New Delhi-110002
Tel No. : 011 – 23378759/ 011 – 23379263
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- A valid ration card holder.
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- New born above 5 years
- Addition of member name after marriage
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Validity remains same
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement
How to add a name on the ration card
To add a name to your ration card, you will have to get a Consumer Addition application form from a Circle Office. Along with the form, you will also need the following documents;
- Passport size photographs of the Head of the family, which have been attested by any an MLA, MP, Gazetted Officer or Municipal Councillor
- Proof of residence
- Surrender or Deletion Certificate regarding your existing or previous ration card, if required
In case you do not have a valid proof of residence, the Circle FSO will conduct inquiries in your neighbourhood. He or she will go around the area and record the statements of any two independent witnesses regarding your residence. After submission of the application and the required supporting documents, the new card will arrive in around 15 days.
Son or Daughter:
- You may visit a nearby e-Seva Kendra and ask them to include the name of your son or daughter.
- You will have to fill an Inclusion form and attach a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate for verification.
- Submit the application and the documents at the ration office, along with the ID proof of the parents and your original Ration card.
- Once the verification process is complete, your child’s name will be added to your ration card.
- The updated ration card will be dispatched to your residential address within two or three weeks.
Wife or Husband:
- When adding your spouse’s name to the ration card, you will need to take a copy of their ID proof, Birth certificate, and marriage certificate.
- Also, in case you are a part of your parent’s ration card, you should delete your name there, before adding your name to another card.
- You may attach a copy of your duly filled Deletion form along with your documents and Inclusion form, and submit at the nearest ration office.